Nutrition basically ensures that a person lives a healthy life. For proper nutrition, one must intake food having a balanced amount of vitamins, proteins, carbohydrate, fats and water, every day. The excessive or lower intake of any of the above mentioned components of food leads to various health problems. Nutrition charts and diet charts are often made by nutritionists and expert doctors, according to the heath of any individual. These diet charts help one to have the best health conditions, thus increasing the immunity and resistance power of the individual on one hand, and strengthening the bones and muscles on the other.
The BMI or the body mass index of an individual is maintained with the help of correct food intake. When one eats excessive food then the condition of obesity may occur, while the eating abnormally less food causes anorexia. In both the conditions, an individual suffers immensely. Thus a balanced diet for both men and women are extremely important. Daily intake of 2000 calorie approximately for men and 2500 calorie approximately for women is the standard diet. The digestive system of a man requires almost four hours for completing the entire process of digestion. Hence, to maintain a good health, one should eat after every four hours.
The proper nutrition helps an individual to glow and look beautiful. A few things that one must remember so that the body gets the best possible nutrition are as follows:
1. One must drink enough water. Water hydrolyzes the food components and help in digestion. The standard amount of daily water consumption for men is three liters and for women it is about 2 liters. Water also helps to maintain a glowing skin.
2. Enough amount of vegetable consumption is very important for proper nutrition. Green vegetables are considered the best for health. A person’s daily diet must have three servings of vegetables to gain a good health and strength.
3. Fruits are also very good for health. Citrus fruits like lemons specifically help in increasing the immunity of the body against germs. One must have at least one fruit daily for the best health results.
4. Skipping meals is extremely harmful for the body. Having small meals after regular intervals increases the body metabolism and hence helps one to be fit and healthy. One should avoid the intake on unhygienic food since it affects the body badly.
5. It is better to have vitamins and proteins in the form of food rather than as pills. The consumption of pills and medicines is never appreciated except for severe medical conditions. One can always rely on fish, egg, milk and other food products for perfect supply of nutrition to the body.
A poor diet which lacks in nutrition causes several problems like scurvy, bleeding of gums, night blindness, diabetes, anemia, fertility problems, weak bones, osteoporosis and many others. The consumption of minerals like calcium, chlorine, potassium, magnesium, sodium and others make the diet of an individual complete. For very small children, milk is considered as the balanced food. For all others, there are specific amounts of the body requirements of different food components which must be properly maintained so that a disease free long life can be enjoyed by an individual.
If you want information on nutrition for Kids visit http://boca4kids.com